Saturday, June 10, 2006

My full speech

I view the world in a different way than you, for I am a free thinker, an atheist. For answers to unsolved mysteries, you turn to your God, while I use reason, logic, and science in search of answers to the unexplained. I am not bound by the rules established thousands of years ago. My future is shaped by the choices I make.

If you believe that the Bible is God's word, then you must also believe that God is very hypocritical and sadistic. You cannot claim that the Bible is inspirational and morally uplifting when there are dozens of examples of mass murder in the Bible which are condoned by God. Examples such as King David's massacre. "And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under the axes of iron, and made them pass through the brick kiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon." How some people who believe in an infallible Bible can accept this verse as God inspired, or morally uplifting can only give evidence to the blinding nature of belief. These verses should insult the intelligence of anyone who thinks that God possesses a loving nature. In the bible God condones murder, rape, slavery, and incest (you could find verses for all of these in here), yet for some reason women, blacks, and homosexuals are evil. The most obvious explanation for this is that the bible was written by white heterosexual men, who wrote this nonsense to preserve their dominance for centuries.

In regards to Jesus, around the world he is portrayed as a great humanitarian and a pacifist. Many politicians, primarily from the Republican party, who are almost all Christian, are running under the slogan of family values. Well, if they're Christian, they should know this verse. "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." These words crush the idea of a pacifist Jesus and the modern concept of "family values."

If God does exist, I have some questions for Him
Why do you let your followers kill and rape?
If you are all powerful, please stop people from killing each other.
Why do your followers wage war in your name?
Why do you let your own Catholic priests molest children?
Why did you let 9/11 happen?
Why didn't you prevent the genocide in Darfur?
Why did you look on and do nothing when 11 million people were killed in the Holocaust? Actually, since God claims to be all powerful, that means God created the Holocaust himself. I don’t understand how people can be so foolish. Millions of people died after spending the remainder of their lives in gruesome conditions, meanwhile still believing in God, still praying to God, still hoping He will help the chosen people like He did in Egypt. To me, this Star of David is not a religious symbol, it’s a representation of my culture, my traditions, and my support of the Zionist movement. I do consider myself Jewish, but not in the religious sense of the world.

This brings me to my conclusion about religion. From my point of view, there are two possible classifications of religious people. There are those who did not read the bible completely, but still believe in God because they're gullible and follow the example of those around them. And then there are fundamentalists like Pat Robertson that read the bible from cover to cover and wholeheartedly believe every single word of it. They embrace the hateful messages the bible sends and use this book to bolster their agenda. Coincidently, every atheist I know is without exception a very ethical and peaceful person.

I am an atheist and this is my manifesto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home